The time has finally come for you to be involved
For a number of years, the Ellerslie Football and Cricket Clubs respectively, through the umbrella organization of the Ellerslie Sports Club Inc, have been in a progressive redevelopment of Michaels Avenue Reserve. With Stage 1 (the artificial playing surfaces) and Stage 2 (the Lower Field resurfacing and floodlighting) now completed by Auckland Council, the increased field capacity generated by this ratepayer funded capital investment requires replacement of the outdated, inadequately sized existing ablutions block. This is so the clubs may cater for increased patronage of the fields by both male and female members.
In addition, the third stage anticipated the relocation of the current club rooms from the YMCA complex to the top of the proposed new amenities block, in order to form a more visible”hub” and focal point for the delivery of future Football and Cricket activities within the community.
The Proposed Building
A two level building is to be built into the bank immediately to the south of the current amenities block, with egress from the upper level onto the existing carpark area and from the lower level onto the Lower Fields.
The complex will provide for the following:
- Lower Amenities Block – 8 x Changing Rms, Referees’ Changing Rms (male/female), First Aid/Physio Rms, Storage areas and Public Toilet Facilities.
- Upper Clubrooms Block – Multi Office Administration area, Lounge/Function area, Bar/Food Catering area, 2 x Meeting Rms for third Party hire, Terrace areas and Public Toilet Facilities.
Please click this link to view a set of plans and elevations of the proposed new building.
The Benefits to our Membership
- Offers a functional facility that is “fit for purpose” and is attractive/appealing to members and that provides a focal point for the delivery of community focussed programmes
- By creating such a hub, to drive the ongoing sustainability of the Clubs, from cultural, financial, sociability and sporting success points of view
- To more adequately cater for our growing female memberships, including appropriate segregation of changing rooms
- Offers an opportunity for connection with the wider community by encouraging third parties to utilize the facilities via hireage
- Creates a greater sense of “ownership” by our members through the ability to deliver activities that generate a sense of community belonging.
Current Status of Project
A formal Resource Consent Application was lodged with Auckland Council on 4 February 2019, after a series of public consultations over the last three years, together with an updated presentation to the Orakei Local Board in November 2018.
Based on a Preliminary Design, an independent Quantity Surveyor has formulated a Current Estimate for the design and construction of the proposed building at $6,100,000 (including Contingency Sums). To date, Auckland Council, through various agencies, has committed the total sum of $3,240,000.
It is now the Clubs’ task to raise the balance of monies through two major sources, being
- Charitable Trusts/Organizations: $2,060,000
- Club Membership Donations: $800,000 – of which $117,143 has already been secured and expended to date.
And this is where you can help
We would like to invite each of our past and present members, and their families or anyone else that believes in our vision to consider a donation to this project by clicking on the link below. This link will explain in more detail various ways in which donations could be considered. This is the final stage in the Michael’s Avenue Reserve Redevelopment Plan, and the respective Clubs sincerely believe that the completion of this project will secure their respective futures, and enable them to continue to provide, and expand on the level of services currently offered to our growing community. Thank you for your consideration of this opportunity to assist us.
If you would like know more about making a donation, please click here.